Sorcerers are Humans (Mystic) who can be selected after finishing the Class Transfer quest at lvl 31. They specialize in Staves and wear Robes; they are damage dealing mages that cast flame spells upon enemies. Despite being Human with high innate HP and DEF, positioning is still important for Sorcerers because they don’t have defensive skills like Bishops and they need to stand in a vantage point so they can effectively land skill damages.
Sorcerers are great to party with fellow damage casters like Spellhowlers because of their Boost Manacast skill that can continuously increase skill damage. Additionally, their Death Whisper passive skill increases a substantial amount of critical damage. Theiractive skill, Volcano is also one of the highest damaging skills in the game, but also requires the target to stay in the area for 5 successive hits to land, which is why you also need to use your knockdown skills first (Flame Strike or Molten Bowl) to deal maximum damage.
Sorcerers can easily boost their levels because of their high normal attack damage from Blaze and AoE skills (Molten Bowl and Volcano), which is perfect for character advancement quests (main, subquests, weekly, and elite dungeons). In addition, they have good survivability thanks to Human Potential, which increases convenience for AFK farming.
However, when it comes to 1v1 PvP, Sorcerers will usually struggle against fast dagger wielding classes. Their skills require precision because they are easy to dodge, especially Molten Bowl, which won’t hit enemies that are directly in front and close to you. On a good note, Molten Bowl can be cast to create space, so you can also escape and disengage from battles by forcing enemies to manually dodge the skill. In group PvP like Sieges and Clan War, Sorcerers perform fairly well, as long as they have healers and tanks to kite enemies away.
If you enjoy engaging in battle as a fire mage capable of dealing high DPS, Sorcerers are indeed one of the most creative and fun classes to play with!
- Medium-High base HP and DEF for a damage-focused class.
- Can easily get last hits because of high burst damage.
- Good crowd control attacks with continuous damage
- Very easy to level, thanks to strong AoE skills
- A versatile class that works well in both PvE and PvP
- Sought out by spellcasters in parties because of Boost Mana. Do take note that positive buffs are also amplified
- Volcano is one of the best damaging skills in game, perfect against boss fights that are usually stationary in position.
- Lacks party buffs as a mage class (Boost Mana and Death Whisper are the only skills that provide party buffs, unlike other mage classes that provide 3 or more party buffs)
- Does not have any regenerative skills, which is rare for a mage
- High consumption in HP and MP potions
- An overall unpopular class. Few in number in the top ranks due to better mage roles when it comes to heals (Bishop), damage (Spellhowler) or support (Battle Mage)
- Skill requires precision to land full-blast damage. Hard to use on auto.
- Hard to battle against fighters and dagger wielding classes that can move fast. You need to pin them down first because you don’t have any defensive skills, so you might die if they get you first
|Weapon||Dark Abyss (PvP / Overall 1st priority)|
|Branch of the Mother Tree (PvE magical monsters)|
|Demon’s Staff (PvE normal monsters)|
|Flaming Dragon Skull (Boss hunt)|
|Staff of Life (elite monsters)|
|Accessories||Elven Set (Highest ATK stat of all accessories / Stun resist)|
|Nassen Set (Chasing / Movement increase / Manual Evasion)|
Skill Priority and Usage
Be sure to obtain Level 1 on all your skills before following the prioritization (specifically Blaze and Boost Mana) to maximize your potential in the early stages of your progression. Mage Weapon Mastery, Robe Mastery and Death Whisper are your core skills that should always be upgraded when available, since they add damage to your normal attacks, which is mostly the bulk of your total damage. Next, Blaze is a good skill to prioritize if you are more into PvE, followed by your Active skills Volcano, Molten Bowl, and Flame Strike. PvP wise, Blaze should be the last priority and should focus on Active skills with Boost Mana.
PvP Arena – Flame Strike or Boost Mana / Molten Bowl / Volcano
PvP Party (Elite Dungeon / Siege / War) – Boost Mana / Molten Bowl / Volcano
PvE Skillset (AFK Farm) – Flame Strike (optional) / Molten Bowl / Volcano. Healing Strike for Rare Skill.
|Active||Flame Strike||Launches a flaming ball to deal massive explosion damage and knockdown enemies.||6th/7th||X|
|Volcano||Creates a powerful pillar of fire to deal damage to enemies within the area.||4th||6th|
|Molten Bowl||Launches a flaming orb that penetrates enemies and explodes at the end of its trajectory.||5th||7th|
|Boost Mana||Increases MP usage for skills and increase skill Atk.||6th/7th||5th (for party PvE)|
|Passive||Magic Weapon Mastery||Increases Atk. when a Staff is equipped.||1st||1st|
|Robe Mastery||Increases Attack Damage when Robe-armor is equipped. The effect stacks up to 4 times.||2nd/3rd||2nd/3rd|
|Blaze||Has a chance to get attack power increased buff when attacking.||8th||4th|
|Death Whisper||Increases the Critical Damage of you and your party members. This effect is region-wide.||2nd/3rd||2nd/3rd|
|Human Potential||Human’s firm resolve gives them higher Atk. against enemies. (Bonuses to P. Atk. and Crit. Resist.)||Innate||Innate|
|Rare||Missile Bolt||This powerful skill deals critical damage to a few enemies.||✔ (Arena)||✔ (More DPS)|
|Meteor Shower||This skill is ideal for attacking many enemies in a large area.||✔ (Arena)||✔ (More DPS)|
|Absolute Shield||This skill greatly improves your Def. so you are able to withstand powerful enemies.||X||✔ (Added survivability)|
|Healing Strike||This skill is a very effective means of healing to extend your HP effectively for a duration of time.||X||✔ (Added survivability)|
|Poison Strike||Puts an enemy to a poisoned state, reduces damage and movement speed for a certain amount of time. Additional damage during debuff duration.||✔ (Alternative for M. Bolt)||X|
Specific Skills Usage
- Flame Strike is a good alternative to Boost Mana in 1v1 PvP to add a reliable knock down skill.
- Blaze is more effective in PvE than in PvP since it requires a condition to activate the bonus ATK buff.
- Active skills prioritization
- As a solo player: Volcano > Molten Bowl > Boost Mana
- As a party oriented player: Volcano > Boost Mana > Molten Bowl
- You should always make sure that the enemy is knocked down or stunned before casting Volcano
- Make sure that your party members are close to your character to receive the bonus critical damage from Death Whisper.
Main Stats and Sub-stats Priority
|Equipment||Soul Crystal (Not applicable in NA/EU servers)||Pet Mount|
|Weapon – Critical Rate / Critical Damage / M. Atk or Penetration or Atk Speed||Purple – Critical Damage (All)||Helmet – Critical Rate|
|Helmet – P. Def / Penetration / Evasion or M. Def||Orange – Critical Damage (All)||Armor – Critical Rate|
|Armor – P. Def / Speed / M. Def or Resilience or Evasion||Red – Critical Damage (All)||Saddle – Evasion or Resilience or Critical Resist (user preference)|
|Gloves – M. Atk / Penetration / Evasion or Ignore Def Damage||Yellow – Evasion or Resilience or Critical Resist (user preference)||Boots – Evasion or Resilience or Critical Resist (user preference)|
|Shoes – M. Atk / Speed / Evasion or Atk Speed||Cyan – Critical Damage (All)|
|Necklace – Critical Resist / Resilience / HP Drain or P. Def or CC Resist||Green – Evasion or Resilience or Critical Resist (user preference)|
|Earring – Speed / Penetration / HP Drain or Critical Resist||Black – Evasion or Resilience or Critical Resist (user preference)|
|Ring – M. Atk / Critical Rate / Critical Damage or HP Drain or Penetration||Blue – Evasion or Resilience or Critical Resist (user preference)|
|Silver – Critical Damage (All)|
Other Useful Class Tips
- Missile Bolt & Meteor Shower are the best Rare Skills for offensive classes like Sorcerers. Take note that Boost Mana increases skill power which means that the additional damage on rare skills are exponential because they have high multipliers/scaling.
- Nassen and Elven Accessory set are recommended for Sorcerers. Nassen Accessory Set will compensate your lack of movement speed to help you quickly move to a vantage position and swiftly engage and disengage in battles.
- Boost Mana has a 90-second buff with 40-second re-use duration, meaning you can take full advantage by receiving the buff permanently in battle.
- Molten Bowl has 2 damage instances. First is during the projectile or when it passes an enemy, second is during the explosion. The bulk of the damage is from the explosion.
- In PvP Arena:
- Flame Strike (if close range) or Molten Bowl (medium to long range) > Volcano > [IMMEDIATELY] Missile Bolt and Meteor Shower > Flame Strike or Molten Bowl > Wait for skill cooldown refresh
- When enemy is charging forward from afar: Boost Mana > [IMMEDIATELY] Missile Bolt and Meteor Shower > Molten Bowl (medium range) > Volcano
- In PvP Siege:
- Cast Boost Mana whenever the skill is available > Stay at the back of the tanks and cast Molten Bowl on clustered enemies > Immediately cast a flurry of skills, Missile Bolt + Meteor Storm + Volcano > Stay in a safe position until skills are ready. You will usually use Molten Bowl + Volcano combo while rare skills are still on cooldown.