Orc Monk / Tyrant Guide!
“Orc Monks/Tyrants are Noble Orcs (Rogue) that start from level 180 upon character creation. They specialize in Claws and wear Light Armor, adept in striking swift attacks while maintaining their durability thanks to their naturally high CRIT RESIST and DEF. As a rogue class, they are highly evasive against normal attacks and have great mobility (similar to Elf Plainswalker). With these abilities, Monks are able to shine in both solo PvP and PvE.
Monks/Tyrants are a huge threat in 1v1 battles, as they are able to chase enemies with their Ultimate skill Ring of Silence. They can cripple enemies by slowing and silencing them as they get in your attacking range. Their passive skills Quick Step and Totem Spirit Aura increase their mobility, making them 1.5x faster compared to slow-moving classes like Human Warriors. With move speed substats and the Nassen accessory set, this class becomes lightning fast and can effectively kite and manually evade through skills and normal attacks.
Most of this class’s skills are personal buffs (except Quick Step), meaning this class is purely a damage dealer and not a support. But in some way, this class can still assist the party with its ultimate skill by silencing and crippling the enemies nearby. Having said that, even though Orc Monks/Tyrants are naturally high in DEF, do not use them to tank all the damage in group battles. Instead, take advantage of their short skill cooldowns and use them to sneak in attacks when ready. Push through with normal attacks if you are going for the big kill; otherwise, move back and wait for the cooldown to reset.
Quite unique to all classes, Monks/Tyrants have a variety of buffs activated randomly which make them unpredictable in battle. The class’s Totem Spirit can either give an offensive or defensive boost, plus casting it will have a 30% chance to activate bonus Crit Damage and Accuracy through the passive. If you are the type to enjoy playing a melee damage dealer with respectable durability, paired with with randomized buffs, then this class is for you!
- A monster in 1v1 battle, especially in Arena
- Fast skill cooldown, 10s duration on Totem Buff and 18s duration on Burning Fist
- Can effectively farm and level up in auto-mode
- Extends normal attacking range when Ultimate is cast
- One of the fastest moving classes, along with Plainswalker
- Easily sustainable class with low HP pot consumption compared to elf and dark elf rogues
- Randomized buffs makes for unpredictability in battles
- Fast skill animation on 2 active skills, allowing for casting while engaging with the enemy
- High Evasion rate that stacks up to 3x thanks to the passive Boost Attack Speed
- Only has a 30% chance to activate the Crit Damage buff, which is a low percentage for an essential passive skill
- The randomized buff has its tradeoff of possibly not acquiring the buff actually needed on certain situations
- High MP consumption to frequently cast Totem Spirit
- Lacks party buffs and struggles in mass PvP
|Weapon||Arthro Nail (PvP / Overall 1st priority)|
|Icarus (elite monsters)|
|Vesper Fighter (magical monsters)|
|Dragon Grinder (dragons)|
|Crystal Claw (Boss hunt)|
|Armor||Reggios set (PvP / Overall 1st priority)|
|Tracker set (elite monsters)|
|Accessories||Nassen Set (Chasing / Movement increase / Manual Evasion)|
|Dynasty Set (Attack Speed / Normal Skill damage increase)|
|Arbol Set (Combo Duration / Normal Attack damage increase|
|Elven Set (Stun Resist / Accuracy)|
Skill Priority and Usage
Prioritize leveling up the passives that contribute to attack power, since it will constitute most of your bulk damage (Rogue Mastery and Totem Spirit Aura), then level up the Active skills next.
PvP (Arena/Siege) Skillset 1 – Mortal Blow / Hurricane Assault / Totem Spirit
PvP (Arena/Siege) Skillset 2 – Burning Fist / Hurricane Assault / Totem Spirit
PvE Skillset – Burning Fist / Hurricane Assault / Totem Spirit
|Active||Mortal Blow||Charges up, then attacks at full power and knocks down the enemy||4th||X|
|Burning Fist||Hurls a Fiery type iron-fist to attack the target. Decreases the target’s Def. and inflicts additional fire damage.||6th||3rd/4th|
|Hurricane Assault||Instantly detonate the power of spirits to attack the target with rapid consecutive strikes that stun||3rd||3rd/4th|
|Totem Spirit||Randomly gain the power of the following spirits for 10 seconds: Puma, Bear, and Ogre.||2nd||2nd|
|Passive||Rogue Weapon Mastery||Increases Atk. when Claws are equipped.||1st||1st|
|Light Armor Mastery||Increases Evasion Rate when Light Armor is equipped. This effect stacks up to 4 times.||7th/8th/9th||6th/7th/8th|
|Quick Step||Increases the Speed of you and your party members. This effect is region-wide.||7th/8th/9th||6th/7th/8th|
|Boost Attack Speed||Has a chance to increase Atk. Spd. and Evasion Rate on a successful hit. Stacks up to 3 times.||7th/8th/9th||6th/7th/8th|
|Totem Spirit Aura||Power of the Rabbit’s Spirit is granted for a duration when using Totem Spirit skill. Has a chance to grant Power of the Hawk’s Spirit as well.||5th||5th|
|Orc Potential||Orcs, with their fiery soul, have naturally high defense.||Innate||Innate|
|Warrior Mastery||Increases damage dealt to monsters.||Innate||Innate|
|Rare||Missile Bolt||This powerful skill deals critical damage to a few enemies.||✔||X|
|Meteor Shower||This skill is ideal for attacking many enemies in a large area.||✔||✔(Elite dungeon)|
|Absolute Shield||This skill greatly improves your Def. so you are able to withstand powerful enemies.||X||✔(PvE afk)|
|Healing Strike||This skill is a very effective means of healing to extend your HP effectively for a duration of time.||X||✔(PvE afk)|
|Poison Strike||Puts an enemy to a poisoned state, reduces damage and movement speed for a certain amount of time. Additional damage during debuff duration.||✔ (Alternative for M. Bolt)||X|
|Defense Zone||A protective zone is set up to reduce damage received by party members, and you are immune to your condition for a while.||✔ (Siege)||X|
Specific Skills Usage
- Leave Light Armor Mastery, Quick Step and Boost Attack Speed at lower priority because of their low scaling per level. Instead prioritize other passives that contribute to attack power and upgrade your active skills.
- You can use Mortal Blow instead of Burning Fist for better Crowd Control, especially in PvP Arena and Siege.
- If you can farm efficiently using normal attacks, you can opt out using Totem Spirit to save mana and mana potions.
Main Stats and Sub-stats Priority
|Equipment||Soul Crystal (Not applicable in NA/EU servers)||Pet Mount|
|Weapon – Critical Rate / Attack Speed / Critical Damage or P. Atk||Purple – Critical Damage (All)||Helmet – Critical Rate (All)|
|Helmet – P. Def / M.Def / Evasion||Orange – Critical Damage (All)||Armor – Critical Rate (All)|
|Armor – P. Def / M.Def / Speed or Evasion||Red – Critical Damage (All)||Saddle – Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Gloves – P. Atk / Evasion / Penetration||Yellow – Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)||Boots – Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Shoes – P. Atk / Atk. Speed / Speed or Evasion||Cyan – Critical Damage (All)|
|Necklace – Atk. Speed / Critical Resist / P. Def or HP Drain||Green – Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Earring – Speed / Penetration / HP Drain or Critical Resist||Black – Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Ring – P. Atk / Critical Damage / Critical Rate or HP Drain||Blue – Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Silver – Critical Damage (All)|
Other Useful Class Tips
- Increase your Accuracy stat to increase the effectiveness of your passive skill Boost Attack Speed
- To save mana consumption while AFK farming, consider this skillset: Energy Blast / Mortal Blow / Power Thrust / Healing Strike / Absolute Defense.
- Further amplify your defense and incapacitation resist with Absolute Shield Rare Skill, allowing you to tank against high-damaging enemies.
- Nassen, Dynasty, Arbol and Elven are the best accessory sets for Orc Monks. Nassen bonus further amplifies your mobility and evasion, Dynasty increases your DPS on normal attacks, maximizing your ultimate skill, Arbol helps maintain your Combo duration efficiently, and Elven helps you from getting stunned by enemies.
- For Rare Skills, use Missile Bolt and Meteor Shower in Arena PvP. Healing Strike and Absolute Shield are good for AFK-farming.
- Arena – when the enemy is charging towards you:
- Totem Spirit > [IMMEDIATELY] Missile Bolt and Meteor Shower > Ring of Silence > [after silence is over] Mortal Blow > Hurricane Assault > Normal hits
- Totem Spirit > Ring of Silence > [after silence is over] Meteor Shower and Missile Bolt > Hurricane Assault > Burning Fist or Mortal Blow > Normal hits
- Arena – when charging towards an enemy:
- Totem Spirit > Mortal Blow > [IMMEDIATELY] Missile Bolt and Meteor Shower > Ring of Silence > [after silence is over] Hurricane Assault > Normal hits
- Totem Spirit > Hurricane Assault > Burning Fist > [IMMEDIATELY] Meteor Shower and Missile Bolt > Ring of Silence > Normal hits”